Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Weeping

Yes, it has started already. Inevitable with a move this big, and goes along with the doubt, and the hesitation, but then also the excitement and the sense of purpose.

Last night it was because I was so, so sad to be leaving my boss. If I could just move Sydney and the job closer to Mom and Dad, I would, so that was always going to be a regret and a cost of this.

Tonight it's because a young man asked me for greater honesty, and I didn't give it to him, but maybe I will before this is all over.

Even though I haven't actually signed the offer letter and returned it, the boss told everyone today I was leaving, and told them my finish date, so this thing now has a momentum of its own.

Am I doing the right thing? Does such a concept even make sense? I'll do one thing and will never know what would have happened on those roads not taken.

In the words of a wise man, well, not wise at all, pretty foolish but maybe a bit clever, in the words of that man,

What else are you gonna do?

No comments: